BFFE 2014: Bardo of Transformation
The 9th edition of the BFFE, the Buddhist Film Festival Europe, opens Friday October 3rd in EYE for a full weekend of films from Tibet, Burma, Thailand, Nepal, Taiwan, the US and the Netherlands. The theme this year is Bardo of Transformation. Bardo is a concept from Tibetan Buddhism meaning transition or ‘in-between’.
The festival opens with Vara: A Blessing, the new feature film from the award-winning Bhutanese director Khyentse Norbu, about a young dancer in rural India, and closes with the first feature film from the visionary documentary maker Marjoleine Boonstra: Kurai Kurai – Tales on the Wind. Further ode’s to the wind come in the form of experimental shorts from Ellen Zweig and Joris Iven’s last film: Het verhaal van de wind.
Also screening: Bringing Tibet Home, Daughters of Dolma, Femme, Little Tibet 2, Monk with a Camera, American Rinpoche, Zen & the Art of Peacemaking, Golden Land of Myanmar, A Sense of Urgency, Modern Monks, and a Thai youth drama, Three Marks of Existence.
Tickets go on sale from September 12.
- BFFE announces openingsfilm: Vara: A Blessing
- BFFE announces openingsfilm: Vara: A Blessing Read more »
- Just four weeks to go!
- The 9th edition of the BFFE begins in less than 4 weeks: the festival opens Friday October 3rd at EYE. Tickets go on sale from Friday September 12 at www.eyefilm.nl Read more »
- BFFE is looking for enthousiastic volunteers!
- The BFFE is looking for volunteers! Can you help or would you like to know more? Mail with info about your experience to email@example.com and/or call 06-1430 3006 Read more »